There’s snow on the ground today which has me longing for warm, summer afternoons. This makes it the perfect time to share Steph and Sean’s summer engagement pictures. I didn’t actually meet Steph (the bride) until that day in Elbow Valley. Steph and Sean planned their wedding long-distance while she was travelling in Asia with World Race. It was lovely to finally meet her in person and by the time our shoot was over, I felt like we were already old friends. Here’s a few things I learned about Steph and Sean that day…
- They went hiking on their first date.
- Steph has a smile that lights up the room.
- Sean adore Steph.
- They love to dance and their choreographed first dance would be one for the books.
- They have a passion for serving others.
- Sean chose a spectacular vintage-inspired engagement ring for Steph (more on that later).
- Steph has great style and eye for detail and that would translate into every aspect of her wedding.
- They planned an outdoor ceremony at Rundleview Parkette in Canmore, with the Rockies towering behind them.
- They would jet off to New Zealand for their honeymoon.
- These two are pure magic in front of the camera.
The beautiful bride
Steph brought along a parasol for their engagement pictures as a nod to the parasols she saw the ladies carrying during her travels in Malaysia. Nice touch!
See what I mean about that ring?
I hope that you’ll pop back next week when I’ll be sharing Steph and Sean’s Cornerstone Theatre wedding on the blog (including that first dance I was telling you about). If an urban setting is more your speed, here’s a downtown Calgary engagement shoot, if you’d like to see.
Elbow Valley engagement pictures captured by Calgary Wedding Photographer – Tara Whittaker