Are you all set for Valentine’s Day on Sunday? Whether you’re a planning a Valentine’s wedding or a fun evening with the ladies, this shoot is sure to find your sweet spot. If over-the-top glitz is not your game, read on for 10 pretty ideas and a subtle dose of “hearts and flowers”. As an early Valentine, this shoot was featured on Swooned yesterday. Take a peek.
1. You can’t go wrong with candlelight. I used brass lanterns, flickering lights and clusters of loose blooms to set the tone.
2. For a twist on a traditional Valentine, the invitation suite included a heart motif, a mix of patterns and a wax seal.
Planning a Valentine’s Day wedding
3. Our bride Taylor wore a boho-style mini dress from A Vintage Affair with delicate pleats and a keyhole back.
5. Consider loose, unstructured blooms for the bride. Sarah Mayerson Design used eucalyptus, garden roses and red winter tulips as an alternative to the classic Valentine’s rose.
6. Don’t neglect your toes. Pretty floral pumps from Nine West Canada add a pop of pretty.
7. Macarons pops from Yann Haute Patisserie decked out in ribbons and bows take the place of a box of chocolates.
9. Toast true love with a pretty (and delish) cocktail.
10. Finish the day with something sweet – Mini lemon meringue pies from Crave Cupcakes
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! XOXO
Dress: A Vintage Affair
Hairband: Pink Pewter, available at A Vintage Affair
Hair stylist: Tara Watts
Make-up stylist: Lyana from The Art of Beauty
Shoes: Nine West Canada
Flowers: Sarah Mayerson Design
Ring & bangle: Adorn Boutique
Ring box: The Mrs Box
Macaron pops: Yann Haute Patisserie
Mini lemon meringue pies: Crave Cupcakes
Much appreciation to our Taylor, our Valentine’s model
Valentine’s Day shoot styled and photographed by Calgary Wedding Photographer – Tara Whittaker