CALGARY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Let me tell you a bit about myself. In 2007 I fell in love with the heart-thumping, tear-jerking, adrenaline rush that is a wedding. On a day that flies by, my goal is slow it down and craft images that are artistic yet meaningful. It gives me great pleasure to provide a way for couples to relive their day, from the life-changing moments right down to the pretty little details. I like to keep the mood relaxed and fun and the images timeless and true.
From your very first email until you pick up your wedding photographs, expect to be treated like my highest priority. My communication is prompt, my style relaxed and you will feel completely pampered throughout the process. You won’t have to wonder, “what happens next”? I will walk you through the entire process ensuring that your wedding images are better than you ever imagined. It’s very important to me that you are completely satisfied with your wedding photography.
In 2019 I'm celebrating my 12th year as a Calgary wedding photographer and I am comfortable with whatever location, lighting or situation that pops up on your wedding day.
How much are your wedding packages?
For couples planning an intimate wedding or elopement, I offer a 3 hour package for $2000. This elopement-style package is available weekdays, Sundays and select Saturdays.
Full-day packages (9 hours of coverage) begin at $4500.
Please contact the studio for availability and custom quotes. I'd love to sit down for a coffee and chat about your wedding.
If we want to book you as our Calgary wedding photographer what do we do first?
The first step is to contact the studio for availability and pricing. Next we’ll arrange a face-to-face meeting. You end up spending a lot of time with your wedding photographer, so I always recommend a consult so that we can get to know one another. It gives you the opportunity to ask me any questions you may have and I can hear what your priorities are when it comes to your photography. If you reside outside of the Calgary area, I would be happy to arrange a meeting via Skype or Face Time. To complete the booking we will finalize and sign a wedding photography contract.
How far in advance should we be booking you as our Calgary wedding photographer?
In order to ensure photographic excellence and incomparable customer service, I accept a limited number of wedding commissions per year and one wedding per weekend. My calendar fills up quickly so you should plan to book 12 to 18 months in advance. Please email me to check my availability.
Do your packages include the digital files?
Yes. All of my packages include the high resolution images that have been uploaded to an online gallery and storage site. From this gallery you can view, share and download your wedding photographs. While I maintain the copyright, my packages include printing permissions, meaning you can reprint your wedding images.
My fiancé and I are not photogenic. Can you help us?
Yes, of course! Many couples approach me because they appreciate my journalistic style but some couples take a little longer to warm up and need a little direction to create those images. Each couple is unique and I take my cues from you. My years of experience as a Calgary wedding photographer will help you look natural and feel beautiful.
Planning an engagement session is one way to get comfortable in front of the camera. We get to know each other a little better and by the time your wedding day rolls around, we’re already old friends. You know how I work and I know how best to capture your love.
How long will it take to get our wedding photos?
Engagement photos will be available for online viewing approximately three weeks after the session. Weddings normally take 4-6 weeks.
After first exchanging emails and pricing information, the next step is to schedule a consult where you can tell me all about your plans. I typically meet clients in my home office, but I'm happy to meet at a central location if that's more convenient for you.
In this age of instant information and technology, you may think choosing a Calgary wedding photographer is something you can decide on from your living room. Let me suggest that this is one decision you can't make by looking at a price list. Don’t be afraid to sit down and meet with photographers whose work you admire. Here's why:
1. You will spend a huge chunk of time with me as your wedding photographer, on a very important day in your life. Make sure that you like me and vice versa. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a very likeable gal, but ensure that I understand what’s important to you and be satisfied that you understand what it’s like to work with me.
2. Quality wedding photography is a big investment. You don’t want to spend money on something without ensuring that you’re getting good value for your dollar. I encourage you to meet with me take a look at one of my previous weddings from beginning to end. Flip through the pages of an exquisite heirloom wedding album. Chat with me about my experiences as a Calgary wedding photographer.
3. I don’t bite. Transparency in my life and in my business practices is very important to me. I’m not a pushover but I’m also not a used car salesman. It’s a no-obligation consultation and the decision to book or not, remains yours.
4. Mostly likely, this is your first time planning a wedding. I’ve been a Calgary wedding photographer for 12 years now and I’ve attended A LOT of weddings. This experience is offered to help you as you make decisions, but not to twist your arm.
5. Ask about custom wedding packages. My wedding photography menu is intended to be a guideline. I encourage you to sit down and explain what your priorities are. You will never know that I can’t provide the perfect package for you if you don’t ask.