Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment.
My name is Tara and I’m a colour junkie. Lately I’ve been so inspired by the vibrant hues I see on my favourite design blogs. I came to Kari at Knot Planning with the goal of bringing colourful wedding ideas (and a hint of sophistication) to a Calgary bride and groom. Together we curated wedding details that are beautiful, fanciful and fun, all at the same time. I like to think of it as “Kate Spade meets Wes Anderson”. Enter several of my favourite wedding vendors and the freshly-cut grass of the Inglewood Lawn Bowling Club and voila!
Feast your eyes!
Colourful wedding ideas
Some of the shoot highlights include:
- A playful palette blending shades of green, pink, yellow and turquoise.
- Bridesmaids carrying floral clutches from Sarah Mayerson Design in contrast to their bold, striped skirts from Adorn Boutique.
- A selection of multi-colored boxes, filled with flowers from Sarah Mayerson Design and stacked to perfection as the centerpieces on the head table.
- A graphic “sweet tooth” backdrop for the dessert table, which included pink lemonade, donuts from Jelly Modern and a sprinkle-covered wedding cake by Cakeworks.
- Whimsical design elements such as a vintage cruiser, an emerald green park bench and giant balloons with vine-wrapped strings.
- A graphic, boxed wedding invitation from Modern Pulp Design Studio.
Give a hand to all of the vendors who made this shoot possible!
Venue: Inglewood Lawn Bowling Club
Event Design: Knot Planning
Hair & Make-up Artists: Diva Salon & Spa
Bridal gown: Cameo & Cufflinks
Groom’s attire: Ed Williams Menswear
Bridesmaid’s Party Skirts: Adorn Boutique in Inglewood
Ladies bracelets: Adorn Boutique
Footwear: Nine West Canada
Floral Design: Sarah Mayerson Design
Event Rentals: Special Event Rentals
Wedding Cake: Cakeworks
Sweet Tooth decal: Maranda Reprographics
Donuts: Jelly Modern
Invitation: Modern Pulp Design Studio
Thank you to our fabulous models Jaime, Marc, Lindsay & Christine!
Colourful wedding ideas captured by Calgary Wedding Photographer – Tara Whittaker